Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Sleeping Dragons All Around"

I love this book by Sheree Fitch. I loved it so much my 3 year old would groan when I brought it out. It resonates with the child in me that is so aware of so much that is scary all around her, and yet when brought out into the light of day (or reason) turned out to be like so many bogey men, much smaller, uglier and less scary then they were purported to be.  

Sometimes I still go "fast, past" whatever it is that is spooking me, but mostly I can look and see that it is just Fagan the dragon, who smells, or Glump, who snores or the old wrinkly one whose name escapes me, but who sings in his sleep.

: ) Life is a funny thing ...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karate Grrl,

    Sleeping Dragons All Around will be re-released on January 25, 2009 and we're celebrating!

    If you have a special memory about this book, please phone it into our hotline, we'll include it in our
    show.

    ReplyDelete